Whatever your reasons for visiting the Waterworks Museum, there is so much more to see than just big engines and industrial heritage.
Whatever the weather, we have something to offer all visitors including family groups with children.
- Award winning Noel Meeke Heritage Water Park
- Permanent exhibition to Hereford in WW2 (including the story of the Rotherwas Munitions Factory and the day that Hereford was bombed).
- Hands-on exhibits to try right across the Museum.
Family Day Out
Come with your children and follow the history of drinking water from the cave-dwellers up to the present day through wonderful working engines, hands-on exhibits (both in the Museum and in the Heritage Water Park), superb display panels and guiding literature.
Our displays in the exhibition area are at a low-level so everyone can see, hear, play and touch. Enjoy audio-visual displays, pick up and touch tactile objects and replica artefacts.Museum Floorplan
We offer excellent resources for educational visits. The tour tells the story of water supply as the vital lifeblood of our city. Exciting interactive exhibits, artefacts from Hereford and the UK detailing our watery past and more bring this little known story to life for visitors of all ages.Resources to support education?
In the Noel Meeke Heritage Water Park visitors of all ages can interact with full-size devices for lifting, pumping, moving and filtering water which have been used down the generations. Let off steam, enjoy a picnic and have family fun with some sneaky education thrown in.Noel Meeke Heritage Water Park
Need To Know
- Some Family open days in-steam have special attractions (see Annual Calendar)
- Special events for children during school holidays
- Café offers light refreshments only. Additional catering arranged on request
- Visitors can picnic in picturesque grounds
- Museum accessible to all visitors (some assistance may be required)
- Toilet facilities are located in the Visitor Centre.
- Free visitor parking
- Free entry for coach drivers.
- Outdoor activities organised (for schools only)
Read More About Our Facilities
Did You Know!
What visitors say
A great day overall; we intend to come again!
Fantastic hands-on experience for children. Mary was great!
Super afternoon; learnt lots; great hands-on fun. Thank you Mary!
Another fabulous day at the Museum!
My husband wanted to visit here and I was prepared for a boring visit but was pleasantly surprised.