Joseph Evans Reciprocating Pump 1888

  • Joseph Evans double-acting single-cylinder reciprocating pumps.
  • Joseph Evans & Co of Wolverhampton.
  • Two pumps in the form of a handed pair originally driven by double-acting steam cylinders.
  • Installed at Alton Court Waterworks, Ross-on-Wye, to lift water from boreholes to a closed reservoir above the town.
  • In 1912 the steam cylinders were replaced by a National Gas engine.
  • Maximum duty: 41kL (9000 gallons) per hour.
  • Operating head: 55 metres (180 feet).