Throughout the year special events are held at the Waterworks Museum and this includes themed fun days in school holidays and half terms for children to enjoy.
The following days have been arranged in the remainder of 2017, when the Museum is open between 11am and 4pm.
Tuesday 25 July
Pond Dipping (activity between 11am and 2pm) Pond Dipping Poster
- Come along and pond-dip and identify ‘beasties’ under a microscope
- Friendly primary teacher on site and eager to help
- Dipping nets are provided for small groups to share
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult
Tuesday 22 August
Teddy Bears’ Picnic (activities between 11am – 3pm)
- Water Park, activity trails, quiz and lots of fun. Bring a teddy and a picnic
(held inside Museum if raining)
Tuesday 24 October
Half term fun day (details to be announced)
Across the Museum there are exhibits for children to operate, and in our Play ‘n’ Learn Zone (Heritage Water Park) visitors of all ages can have fun using full size historic water devices. Here children can operate pumps, lift water from a well, play the part of a donkey pushing a capstan pump, and learn to filter water. We also have an indoor play, games and dressing up area for younger children.