On 26th June 2016, the Museum will be celebrating the 160th anniversary of the first piped water supply to the residents of Hereford in June 1856.
Today we take fresh water coming from our taps for granted, but in Victorian times the availability of wholesome driving water could literally be the difference between life and death.
To help us celebrate this anniversary we will be joined by our guest of honour, Chris Jones - Chief Executive of Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, and by the Deputy Mayor and three former mayors of Hereford who will represent the city on this historic occasion.
The Museum will be open to all visitors with engines in steam between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. Our guests will arrive at 2.00pm, and there will be a short address and unveiling of a plaque at 2.30pm.
For further information please see the attached programme.