Charges for 2018 (entry prices not increased for 4 years)
(not in steam)
|In steam days|
|Children aged 3-16 & Students with valid ID||£2.00||£2.00|
We regret we cannot accept credit or debit cards.
Free admission for:
- Members of the Waterworks Museum
- Members of the Museums Association (cards to be shown)
- Visitors bearing complimentary admission cards (cards to be given up)
- Coach drivers/couriers (plus free tea/coffee)
Admission of Dogs
Museum policy is that dogs may be admitted to the Museum grounds on a leash, but for the safety of other visitors this is always at the discretion of Museum staff. Dogs are not permitted in the Museum buildings or the Noel Meeke Heritage Water Park (with the exception of Assistance Dogs).
Private group visits can be arranged at most times of the year. However, please note that the large engines may be drained down for safety reason from November to March.
A pre-booked group visit comprises of:
- 2 hour visit
- Tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival
- Introductory talk
- Guided tour of the Museum (typical group size up to 10)
Not in steam
The minimum charge for a visit NOT in steam is £140 for a group of up to 20 people (includes £20 hire charge).
For larger groups there is an additional charge of £6 per person.
Your two hour visit can be arranged to start from 11.00am until 6.30pm.
The minimum charge for a visit IN STEAM is £260 for a group of up to 20 people (includes £20 hire charge).
For larger groups there is an additional charge of £8 per person.
Your two hour visit in steam can be arranged to start from 12.00 (midday) until 6.30pm.
Please note (for all group visits):
- Special rates may be available for local community groups and small registered charities. Please enquire for more details.
- The Museum will do its best to accommodate group visits on the day and at the time of choice. However, this will always be subject to the availability of a sufficient number of volunteers to open and operate the Museum safely. The Waterworks Museum has no paid staff.
Pre-booked educational visits by British schools, colleges and special centres are normally free of charge.
However, because the Museum is a wholly volunteer organisation with no regular income, a donation is always appreciated.
Copying of learning materials charged at cost.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks are always available
- Buffet, including a sweet and tea/coffee £8.50 per person (by prior arrangement)
HIRE OF THE VISITOR CENTRE
- The Visitor Centre at the Waterworks Museum is available for private hire for social occasions, business meetings and conferences.
- Please let us know if you would like to combine your event with an organised tour of the Museum (additional charges apply - see About / Admission Charges / Group Visits).
- Further information and hire costs will be provided on request.
AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING
- Amateur photographers may use hand held cameras at the Waterworks Museum without charge, providing the images taken are for personal and strictly non-commercial purposes.
- All other forms of photography and filming will need permission and (if applicable) payment of a charge.
- Photographers who wish to use a tripod will need to sign a declaration at the Reception Desk. We reserve the right to refuse permission to use a trip in the Waterworks Museum or in the Museum grounds.
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING
The Waterworks Museum can be made available to commercial photographers and to film and TV organisations as the following rates:
- Museum not in steam (volunteers not required to demonstrate starting and running procedures) / motorised pumps and exhibits running as and when required £150 for 3 hours + £50/hour for each additional hour (minimum £150).
- Museum in steam with all engines operating £400 for 3-hours + £100/hour for each additional hour (minimum £400) .
USE OF THE MUSEUM’S ARCHIVES
By private individuals and students (non-substantial requests)
- Access to the archives will be provided only when the Museum is open or on other days by prior arrangement.
- The Museum does charge where only a limited amount of information is required and this is readily available - but we do ask for a commensurate donation to the Museum’s funds.
By private individuals and students (substantial requests)
- Such requests must be specified in advance. The Museum reserves the right to levy a proportionate charge up to the charge levied on commercial organisations.
By commercial organisations
- Use of the archives in person, requests for information to be provided from the archives by the Collections Managers, or the supply of professional information by officers of the Waterworks Museum.
- £50-£100/hour depending on complexity (minimum £50).
- The Museum does not define 'Commercial organisations’, but this will be deemed to include authors and publishers of books and journals, requests for technical information (other than from private individuals or not-for-profit bodies) and film or TV organisations.
Copying and postage (for all archive users)
- Document copying will be charged at 10p/page for black and white copy. Requests for documents or information larger than A4 or in colour will be met via an external printer as the Museum does not have any facilities for this.
- Postage will be charged at prevailing rates.